Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hey....I'm entitled to MY 2 Cents (or 1.5 after taxes)

I love Jesus. I am so grateful to Him. I am grateful for His sacrifice that allows me to be in communion with the Creator of the Universe. I am grateful for those He allowed into my life...for the blessing of my husband...children...my community. I Love my Family. I love all the best things about the country in which I was blessed to be born, America. I love people, but I love imperfectly. I am consistently incapable of loving without filtering that love through my own pride and selfishness. The only instances when I can are when I submit fully to Christ and allow HIM to love through me, which is sadly not nearly often enough. I believe in our right to Bear Arms, but because we live in a country of frightened people, where fear-mongering happens Right and Left, by our media, political, and religious organizations, I believe it is prudent that some restrictions be placed on the liberty to sustain it. I believe that gay people ARE PEOPLE, and should be afforded rights and liberties as all law abiding citizens of this country. A gay couple being granted the basic human right of a legal partnership in marriage DOES NOT DIMINISH THE VALIDITY OF MY HETEROSEXUAL MARRIAGE. I am grateful to the gay community for loving and being Jesus to hurting people when much of the Church would not. I believe the Roe V. Wade decision was allowed to wake up followers of Christ, NOT to wake us politically, but to wake our hearts and let us know that there are people so confused and hurting in ways they don't know how to talk about or where to turn. Abortion is a horrifying reality and a Pandora's Box that will be changed only by love, not legislation- By Loving ONE Person at a time in that Christ submitted way. I believe in welfare reform that involves Christ's people helping the sick and needy, but sadly most Evangelical Churches are in debt up to their eyeballs servicing Conservitive Social/Entertainment Clubs instead of their communities. I believe that much of the "Body of Christ" has had a Coronary Bypass, and is relying on the feet and hands and mouth to sustain life INSTEAD of Christ- our VERY HEART. That's my 1.5 cents.

3 comments:

Beth said...

My 2 cents worth is that I agree on some points and would modify on some others. But I'm just glad we live in a country where this is legal--to voice our opinions, our frustrations and our hopes for change. Thanks Kimberly for being real--as always! Love you, girl!

Kimberly said...

Beth....You can NOT understand HOW PRECIOUS you and your encouragement are to me. MWAH!

Kimberly said...

Just reread this and realized Christ is the HEAD not the heart. What a dufus ! AND I missed my shot at a cool guillotine reference :(

Post a Comment